Round puffed up, deep fried Indian Bread.
contributed by: mahul on 22/09/08
Ingredient quantities shown are for 4 piece
- Mix the flour and salt.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of oil slowly and knead the dough.
- Continue by adding the milk slowly and knead the the dough until it is smooth.
- Break dough into round balls (about 12 of them)
- Let it stand covered for about 20 minutes.
- Pour the remaining oil into a saucepan and heat it well.
- Roll out the balls into flat circles (about 3-4" in dia) along with a little bit of flour to make it easy to roll.
- Slowly slip the poori into the heated oil. The poori will puff up. Fry on both sides gently pushing the poori into the oil until done.
- Remove it from the oil and keep it on a paper towel to drain any excess oil away.
Based on a 2000 Calorie Daily Allowance
For 3 piece
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24.73g
Saturated Fat 2.9g
Mono Unsat. Fat 14.4g
Poly Unsat. Fat 6.65g
Total Carbohydrate 49.04g
Dietary Fiber 5.25g
Vitamin A 0.34%
Vitamin C 0%