Kung Pao Chicken
Stir fried chicken used in this recipe makes it healthier. It turned out well and friends were impressed!
contributed by: sg on 17/03/09
Ingredient quantities shown are for 4 serving
* not used in calculating nutrition info
- Cut the chicken into small pieces. Add the following and marinate for about 25 minutes:
- 2 tspn soy sauce, 2 tablespoon red-wine, 1 teaspoon oil, cornstarch.
- Combine the remaining soy-sauce, wine and sugar in a bowl.
- Chop the chillies into small pieces.
- Mince the garlic.
- Cut the the spring-onions into large pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil, add the chicken and stir-fry till it turns white. Remove the chicken.
- Add the rest of the oil and fry the garlic well. Add the red-chillies and the black pepper - stir fry until the chillies turn dark red.
- Add the sauce and bring to a boil. Add the chicken, stir in the peanuts and the spring onions.
- Let it cook for a minute or two - stir.
Based on a 2000 Calorie Daily Allowance
For 1 serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15.56g
Saturated Fat 2.54g
Mono Unsat. Fat 9.46g
Poly Unsat. Fat 2.28g
Total Carbohydrate 13.47g
Dietary Fiber 1.92g
Vitamin A 1.07%
Vitamin C 2.27%